Friday, February 26, 2010

Official Day One

Well, Bobby was finally able to leave for basic yesterday. They got on the road around 1130 am. It was hard to say good-bye, but I know it's only temporary. And in the end it all be worth it.

Gage and I both are trying to adjust. Poor little guy wouldn't take a nap yesterday and had serious trouble falling asleep last night. After two hours of trying to keep him in the bed, I let him lay on the couch beside me while I watched House Hunters. He was OUT in about 20 minutes!!! Then at 230 am he came in my room and crawled in bed with me. I don't know if he had a bad dream or what, but he has NEVER done that before! I feel for the little guy. He is used to having Daddy here, all day, everyday. He doesn't understand why Daddy is not here to put him to bed. I know that we will both settle into our own routine, it will just take time.

I do know that Bobby arrived safely. He snuck into the bathroom at Shoney's last night to call me. Just a quick talk and I love you, but it made my heart feel so good! Then he sent me a text around 130 am saying he was finally done and was laying down. I have to wonder what time they got woke up this morning. I feel bad to complain about being tired. I can't imagine what he is going through. I hope he knows how very proud I am of him. I tell him but I hope he "gets it".

As soon as I get his address I will everyone know. I started writing him letters last night. My goal is to write something everyday, even if it's just a couple of lines. I know he will be homesick and I'm sure letters will help.

Hope everyone has a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment