Monday, February 22, 2010

Day negative 2

It's the day before the day before Bobby leaves. I know I am supposed to be "the strong one" right now and for the most part I am succeeding. I feel like crying but I don't think it will happen until he has been gone a few days. It won't really hit me until then. The longest we've ever been apart is 6 days. I'm not worried about "holding down the fort" but I am worried about being lonely. Being married to your best friend is the greatest gift in the world, and the worst curse sometimes too. We have so much fun together, goofing off and just hanging out. He knows me better than anyone. We love to love each other. But because we are such good friends as well as husband and wife, we can really piss each other off sometimes. But it never lasts long, and we come out of the fight even better and stronger than we were before. When I met Bobby a void in my heart was filled and I am double lucky to be a wife and a mother now. I guess the point I'm trying to make is I am scared of feeling empty once he is gone. It seems we make each other better people and it's really gonna suck to not even get to hear his voice. I'm really gonna miss the guy. He's kinda my favorite.

Allright, enough mushy mushy. I want to start this blog so anyone and everyone can follow Bobby and me as we go through the incredible change in our lives. That just seems to make more sense than trying to post all info on Facebook.

So as soon as I get updates on or letters from Bobby I will put info on here. I will also post his address when I get it so he can get lots of letters! My hope is for him to have at least one piece of mail a day. Sometimes my blog entries might be more like a journal and sometimes they will be strictly info related. Please feel free to leave comments and/or questions. And I'm sure I'll have plenty of amusing stories about life here at the Jenkins' house with Mommy and Gage. Just pray for us, that's all I have to say!!!

1 comment:

  1. Good Luck! It sounds like a very stressful couple of days. I hope all goes well tomorrow. I'm glad you started a blog. I have a blog too if you want to visit mine. It is yoderone.blogspot.com.

    ReplyDelete