Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Day negative 1

Well, I just dropped Bobby off at the hotel. He has to stay there tonight which I think is really stupid b/c he is only about 7 miles away from where we live and the swearing in ceremony tomorrow is in Knoxville anyway. I wish he could've just stayed here at the house.

Today was a pretty busy day. We have been busy buying all the items he was told to bring to basic. After also buying a duffel bag he started packing his stuff. Then we headed over to the recruiting office for him to fill out more paperwork. And of course they proceeded to tell him that he didn't need to buy all that, he can just buy it when he gets to basic. Good grief. So we came back home for Bobby to unpack and repack. Needless to say, the duffel was not needed so it will be returned to Walmart asap. And I have plenty of bright white underwear and socks hanging around. Maybe I'll donate them.

In the middle of all this nonsense, the kitchen light went out. So I trek on over to Lowe's to buy 2 new flourescent lights. I find the right ones, come home, and Bobby puts them in. Yeah, the light still won't come on. Well, we have to leave right then so there is not time to figure out the problem. So when we come back for the unpack/repack bit Bobby looks at it a little closer. The kitchen light has two switches. One in the kitchen, one in the bathroom. Strange, I know. After fiddling around with the lights and the switch, Bobby has a stroke of genius and checks the switch in the bathroom. Somehow that stupid thing had gotten stuck in the middle so it was neither in the on or off position. I felt like a moron. And a $7.00 poorer moron at that.

And of course Gage was a hooligan tonight. I'm sure he could sense our stress and anxiety, but his misbehaving only added to our misery!!!! He wouldn't hug Bobby which of couse hurt Daddy's feeling. Then what does he do??? As soon as we get home-- "where's Daddy??" over and over and over . . . This is going to be a very interesting two months!!!

Tomorrow bobby's parents and I (and Gagers) will go over to watch Bobby be sworn in. That should be pretty neat. I will take pictures if allowed. And of course . . . I will blog about it!

good night, friends

No comments:

Post a Comment